How to start working with Oracle

From: wu jiannan <tw52417_at_vub.ac.be>
Date: 1997/06/17

I'm a beginner of Oracle. Here i'm working on a NT workstation and a bundle of client Oracle programs were installed. I really don't know where to start. I think the SQL plus is the start point. But I don't know what does the logon screen mean. Should I get a special account from the system administor, or there is some tricky thing when starting? I have tried SCOTT/TIGER without a host string, the connection failed. What's the host string?
Thanks in advance! Received on Tue Jun 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT