Re: Oracle vs. Sybase

From: Ian Sparkes <sparkes_at_sprintmail.com>
Date: 1997/06/17

While the main thrust of this newsgroup is Oracle, I think we have a lot of people working in multiple database environments and occasionally I for one am interested in hearing about other related tools and products where there relate to equivalent Oracle tools.

In a lot of cases the tools/products mentioned can span multiple environments anyway.

As far as Oracle support is concerned I've never really had a problem in the last decade, it's mostly about knowing how to best use the system. I find most people who complain about Oracle support wait to call them until they are already intensely frustrated with a problem. The result of this being, any delay by Oracle support in responding only increases the frustration and typically they then blame Oracle for not responding.