Thread 1 cannot allocate new log, sequence xxxxx

From: JosephS221 <josephs221_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/06/16

I am getting the following message in the alert log when shutting down my database:

Thread 1 cannot allocate new log, sequence 17764 Checkpoint not complete

This is on a NCR SVR4 box under Oracle 7.2.3. Everything seems to be working as it should, but this message worries me. Any ideas as to what's causing this?

Thanks in advance!

Hugh Jorgan Received on Mon Jun 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT