Re: NT 4.0; 16-bit sql*net

From: TurkBear <jvgreco_at_primenet.com>
Date: 1997/06/16

As far as I can tell, only the 2.3 or later will work on a NT client and I'm not sure there is a 16-bit version....

John.Greco_at_dot.state.mn.us
PS
v2 connects are always slower than v1; Oracle says its because it has more options to process ( read tnsnames, check for nameserver, etc ) but since v1 is no longer supported on the server side for version 7.3 or later DBs I guess we'll have to live with it.