IMP using remote file and remsh

From: Scott Johnson <sjohnson_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/06/16

I don't have enough disk space left to store a very large export file from Oracle. I would like to import this file to my database from a remote unix server. Can this be done?
I have attempted to setup a symbolic link using the remote shell. ln -s rsh servername
and then didn't know how to access it. How about file redirection or pipes.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Scott Received on Mon Jun 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT