Re: Personal Oracle7.3.2.1.1 has password on INTERNAL account.

From: Pawe³ <pp_at_inwar.com.pl>
Date: 1997/06/16

Bo Stern <bo_stern_at_iname.com> napisa³(a) w artykule
<339F0CF9.7D4F31EC_at_iname.com>...

> Richard_Popovich_at_Whittman-Hart.com wrote:
> > I recently installed Personal Oracle7.3.2.1.1 on Win95, along with
> > DES1.3.2.2. I wanted to run the CATPROC.SQL script from SQLPLUS.
 [..]
> > However, this
> > script bombs because it prompts the user for the password on the
> > special user INTERNAL.
>
> The password for INTERNAL is that of user SYS. It can be changed
> from SYSTEM by an 'alter user SYS identified by <new-pw>'. This
> should fix your problem.
>
> Btw, why did you want to run catproc anyway ??
>
> Cheers,
> Bo

> MSc. Bo Stern Office: Phone +45 44 80 84 12
> Systems Engineer/Technical Analyst Fax +45 44 80 80 91
> Oracle Denmark A/S Email bo_stern_at_iname.com
> ***************** http://home5.inet.tele.dk/bo_stern *****************
> The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and
> do not necessarily represent those of my employer.

If you have to change password in Personal Oracle7

alter user SYS identified by <new-pw>
is a good way when you have in INIT.ORA remote_login_passwordfile = EXCLUSIVE

Pawel Plichta
pp_at_inwar.com.pl
Invar System - Sieradz POLAND
Client-Server Department of Technology Received on Mon Jun 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT