Re: Advice on a Practical book for FORMS 4.5

From: Buff Emslie <be_at_primarykey.com>
Date: 1997/06/15

Cecil D'Souza wrote:

> Hi Forms Gurus,
>
> Could anyone suggest a good book to learn Forms4.5. Basically I am looking
> for a book that can take me through step by step in building an application
> at a level that is a notch above the beginners level, say intermediate. I
> have the Oracle Forms4.5 developers guide and reference manual 1. What I
> need is something practical enough to guide me through proper development
> rather than just coding for the sake of coding PL/SQL.
>
> If there's more than 1 book, suggestions are most welcome.
>
> Thanks
>
> Cecil

Hi Cecil,

I would suggest two books to you. The more basic is Learning Forms 4.5 by Steve Edelstein. This book is a step-by-step tutorial which takes you through learning the Forms 4.5 tool to build a Master-detail form. The second book is Developing Oracle Forms by Lulushi. This book tells what every widget on the Forms 4.5 designer does and how to make them all work together. It gives lots of tips and tricks for using Forms 4.5 and is easily read and absorbed. These are the only two books that are strictly written about Forms 4.5 that I am aware of.

You can get both of these books at a discount by visiting The Primary Key, a virtual database bookstore, at www.This.Is/keybooks.

Take a look!
Buff Emslie Received on Sun Jun 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT