changing schema within a stored procedure?

From: RGCheek388 <rgcheek388_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/06/14

I am told there are ways of passinga schema name to a stored procedure and accessing that table. Nobody seems to know exactly how it is done, but I hear it has to do with the data dictionary. Anyone know how? Does it use the object ID? The system I am working on has parralel schemas with tables that nearly mirror each other, and I would like to have one set of functions that manipulate all those schemas witha set ov views to standardize the column names. Is it do-able?

Thank you for your time if you respond.

Richard Cheek Received on Sat Jun 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT