Re: Interview Question

From: SatarNag <satarnag_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/06/14

> Most of my tech interviews are full of
>"situational" questions -- how would you solve this....
>type things, which give me a much better idea of how
>skilled someone is.

>Robin

I have to agree with Robin, ask the same person, who passed your "simple" question, How they would approach a badly tuned database and see what response you get.
I am an Oracle DBA, and have been interviewed by many companies. The questions that were asked, were questions that dealt with "Real world" issues. After all, lf they wanted a me to type "Hello World", let them Hire a Programmer.
I had one person ask me..."How is it that you know Oracle, and not know C?". I thought I was at the wrong interview. Anyways...long story short, I am currently employed in Beverly Hills as an Oracle DBA, and a member of the Los Angeles Oracle Users Group. They started me out at 30K (This is what happens when u don't have experience), but you have to start somewhere.
Satar Naghshineh Received on Sat Jun 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT