Re: why are OCI binaries so large?

From: Larkin Lowrey <llowrey_at_ucsd.edu>
Date: 1997/06/13

I have had the same experience. I am using GCC under Solaris x86 and I get a 2.5 meg executable unless I link in the shared libraries in which case I get a 200K executable. I though I was home free when I started using the shared libraries but my virtual memory size during execution was still 2.5megs.

If a lot of that extra 2 megs is code then I am ok since the code segments will get shared. Still seems like something is wrong though...

Larkin Lowrey
llowrey_at_ucsd.edu