Re: SQL-question (two fields in one)

From: Joost Ouwerkerk <owrkrj_at_mailhub.sickkids.on.ca>
Date: 1997/06/12

You can concatenate (paste) two columns (fields) together quite simply using the double vertical bar ||, as in: columnone||columntwo. You can use this combination in select statements, as in:

SELECT column1||column2 FROM table

To get a list of all instances where duplicate records exist based on two columns (which together act as primary key) try the following query (where columns 1 and 2 are the primary key, and tablename is the name of your table. X and y are two aliases of this same table).

SELECT 	x.column1, x.column2, x.column3 ...
FROM		tablename x, tablename y
WHERE	x.column1=y.column1
AND		x.column2=y.column2
AND		x.rowid <> y.rowid;