Re: SQL*Net on NT client

From: Stein Oddvar Rasmussen <stor._at_.online.no>
Date: 1997/06/12

> Anyone know how to get rid of the following error:

> ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed

> I get this as soon as I get into svrmgr23. The books says that this means
> that the net drivers aren't loaded into memory, or there is a conflict of
> versions.

> Since I only have one version I doubt it's the 2nd part. So I'm assuming
> it not being loaded into memory. My question is how do I load sql*net into
> memory? Isn't this an automaticly run?

> BTW, this is NT 4.0 client connecting to a NT 4.0 server running 7.3.2.2.1.

This setup seems fairly like our.

Ensure that SQL*Net is running and configured on the NT-server. I assume you have no problem on this end, else you have to go through the hassle of configuring it.

Then what you need to do is to install the SQL*Net Client software on the workstation and run the SQL*Net Easy Configuration.

Choose 'Add Database Alias'. Enter an alias of your choice. It's a good idea to use the Oracle instance name as the alias, to avoid confusion. Then the TCP/IP Host Name of the server (the name maps to an address in the 'hosts'-file, like this: KEDEC01 193.75.95.10) and the name of the Oracle instance on the server.

Now you should be able to access the database on the server using the alias you defined.

In SQL*Plus, you can connect to the database using:

    connect myuser/mypassword_at_myalias

The same goes for svrmgr23.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
-Stein O.Rasmussen Received on Thu Jun 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT