HELP!! Unable to parse query...

From: Michael Rosadino <mrosadino_at_connico.net>
Date: 1997/06/11

Has anyone run across the error "REP-0496: Unable to parse query" in Reports 2.5.5.2.7? I have a character mode report which utilizes a file-based SQL statement that contains an outer join, a 'NOT IN' sub-query test in the WHERE clause and some optimization hints at the top of the SELECT clause, e.g., /*+ USE_NL(...)*/, /*+ INDEX_ASC(...)*/. Oracle tech support was not able to help me much and what's really strange is that the same exact SQL statement runs fine in SQL*Plus 3.3. The SQL statement ran fine before I added the sub-query and the optimization hints but it still failed to execute successfully even after I commented these additions out. Anyone who has had experience with this, please respond.
Thanks,

--
Michael Rosadino
E-mail: mrosadino_at_connico.net