Re: Webserver 2.1.0.0 dies

From: Steve Varley <oc95_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 1997/06/11

On 10 Jun 1997 21:50:46 GMT, renw_at_grace.wharton.upenn.edu (Ren Watanabe) wrote:
>I'm running Oracle Enterprise Server 7.3.2.3. w/ Oracle web server 2.1.0.0
>on a sun ultra 2 w/ 128 MB ram.
>
>I'm running into problems using the oracle web server. It keeps on crashing
>the machine.
>
>I've tried to figure out what causes this and found the following errors
>in the web server error log:
>
>ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate 4092 bytes (PLS non-lib
>
>ORA-07324: smpall: malloc error while allocating pga.
>SVR4 Error: 11: Resource temporarily unavailable

Ren,
If its any consolation I have the same problem with a process on a Sequent Dynix platform. I haven't cracked the problem yet (It only cropped up today 11/6/97). I do believe I am well on the way to resolving it. It looks likely that it will turn out to be one of the following:-
1. You are out of swap space.
2. Youre kernel limits the maximum size that a user process can grow to, particularly the data segment of the process. 3. You may find it turns out to be a problem with ulimit.

Hope this gives you some pointers.
I'll re-post when I've resolved my problem.

Cheers
sav Received on Wed Jun 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT