Re: SQL*Plus Input Truncated to 3 characters

From: phil chang <pxchang0_at_sunspot.wcc.com>
Date: 1997/06/11

A blank line between the last line of the script and the ; character will cause this problem. Interesting enough, a / character will still execute the script.

Example:
1. select 1 from dual

;

This script will not run.

2. select 1 from dual

/

This script will run

Hope this helps.

Phil

In article <339D5A85.19C3_at_interpath.com>, Ken Denny <kdenny_at_interpath.com> says:
#
#Lisa M. Lewis wrote:
##
## When I try to run a simple script, I get a message 'Input truncated to 3
## characters' and my script doesn't seem to run. Does anyone have any
## idea what the problem is?
##
## Thanks in advance
##
## Lisa
#
#Lisa
#
#I'm not sure why the script doesn't run, but the 'Input truncated'
#message happens when the last character in the file is not a newline
#character. The number of characters it says it was truncated to is the
#number of characters after the last newline. This never prevents scripts
#from running, however. Do you have a / character at the end? You need
#this for
#the script to execute.
#
#Hope this helps