Re: SQL*Plus Input Truncated to 3 characters

From: Ken Denny <kdenny_at_interpath.com>
Date: 1997/06/10

Lisa M. Lewis wrote:

> When I try to run a simple script, I get a message 'Input truncated to 3
> characters' and my script doesn't seem to run. Does anyone have any
> idea what the problem is?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Lisa

Lisa

I'm not sure why the script doesn't run, but the 'Input truncated' message happens when the last character in the file is not a newline character. The number of characters it says it was truncated to is the number of characters after the last newline. This never prevents scripts from running, however. Do you have a / character at the end? You need this for
the script to execute.

Hope this helps
Ken Denny
kdenny_at_interpath.com Received on Tue Jun 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT