Re: Moving Tables from Tablespace A to Tablespace B

From: Graham Miller <lgmiller_at_elmrd.u-net.com>
Date: 1997/06/07

Hello,
  I think the following should do it:

  1. export table.
  2. Drop it.
  3. Create table with new storage and/or new tablespace.
  4. Import - telling import to ignore errors when trying to create existing objects.

No it is not easy.

Another way if you have the room is to Rename and Copy? Or rename and create table using as ... (query).

I would go for the export and import.

graham (aka grumpy)

"Tim Romano" <tim_at_ot.com> wrote...

| Is there an easy way to move a table to another tablespace? Such as:
|
| MOVE mytable from Tablespace1 to Tablespace2
|
| How can one guarantee that objects get created in a particular tablespace
| when they're imported? (Setting the DefaultTablespace of the TOUSER does
| not seem to be 100% effective.)
|
| Could you please cc: me at tim_at_ot.com if you respond to the list. Thank
| you.
| Tim

Graham Miller ...
Opinions expressed are mine, they are free, and worth exactly what they cost. Received on Sat Jun 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT