PRO-C Problems

From: W. Donnan <donnanw_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: 1997/06/06

I am currently developing an application using PRO-C 2.2.2.0.0 running on a Sun UltraSparc Solaris 5.5 machine. In my application, I need to connect to a database, then disconnect, and then re-connect at a later point in my code. Everything seems to compile just fine but I am experiencing problems running the application.

When I ran the compiled program on my development system, the application performed as expected. I ftp'd the executable over to my production system (Also Sun UltraSparc, same operating system as development system, same version of Oracle, identical tnsnames.ora file, etc.), but when I ran it there, the application had problems connecting to the database. When the program tried to perform the first connect, the error message I got was ORA-12154 TNS: Could not resolve Service name; however, when I moved the first connect statement to a different section of my code (literally just a few lines down), the program ran just fine. I am relatively certain that there is nothing wrong with my tnsnames.ora file. I am now at a point where I absolutely have to perform a connect in a certain section of code but it consistently fails on the production machine (although it consistently works on the development machine). Has anyone experienced similar difficulties?

Thanks in advance.

Wendy Donnan Received on Fri Jun 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT