Re: ODBC connection

From: Martin Bell <Martin.Bell_at_btinternet.com>
Date: 1997/06/06

toniki_at_ihc.com wrote:

>I'm having trouble using ODBC drivers (Visigenic, MS, Statit) to connect
>to a remote Oracle database. When I try to add a data source, I get an
>error saying "The Oracle client and networking components were not
>found." I've got SQLNet v2 running -- I know it's working because I can
>access the database using SQLPlus. Any idea what the drivers are
>looking for exactly, and where they're looking, and why they might not
>be finding what they're looking for?

With the Oracle ODBC driver, obtainable from their web site there is a test program which may help, also you could try enabling the trace option in the ODBC control panel. Failing that you may wish to use the trace available in the SQLNet configuration files.

Martin Bell Received on Fri Jun 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT