Re: Recommended tools

From: Oleg Dimerman <olegd_at_oeonline.com>
Date: 1997/06/05

Michael Joseph wrote:

> We have just migrated from ORACLE 7.2 to 7.3 and discovered that ORACLE
> no longer supports any 16bit tools connecting to ORACLE from a 32bit
> platform.
>
> This means we need to replace our beloved 'SQL studio' query tool with a
> 32bit replacement.
>
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a simple query workbench / tool
> that will return data in the grid format like a spreadsheet..?
>
> We looked at Platinums SQL Station but it is way overpriced and over
> featured for our needs.
>
> Thanks for your help.

I am connecting to Oracle 7.3 from Win95 using 16-bit ODBC, and 16-bit SQL*Plus.
So, ORACLE 7.3 does support 16bit tools from a 32bit platform. If you want, e-mail me with more details on your configuration and I we can try to get your
16bit tool working with ORACLE 7.3

--
Oleg Dimerman (olegd_at_oeonline.com)