Re: PL/SQL and htm.printTable web function

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/06/05

On Wed, 04 Jun 1997 08:12:47 -0500, Samuel Adams <sadams_at_oao.rpt1.com> wrote:

>I would like to write a PL/SQL procedure whos select statement took, as
>variables ( varchar2 ) the table name, the columns, and the where
>filter.
>The htm.printTable function apparently does this - or have I been fooled
>and this function is not written in PL/SQL?
>
>Thanks
>
>Samuel Adams

If you have ows 2.1 you should look at the procedure in owa_util called cellsprint.

If you have < ows2.1 you should look at http://govt.us.oracle.com/ and follow the link to downloadable utilities. there you will find a package called the OWA extensions. it contains a procedure called cells_from_query (which is identical in every way except for the name to cellsprint)....

You could then:

htp.tableOpen( 'border' );
owa_util.cellsprint( 'select ' || clist || ' from ' || tname || where_clause ); htp.tableClose;

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Jun 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT