Re: TRUNCATE from a stored procedure?

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/06/05

From original note -
> but several people have told me that there is an indirect way of
 calling
>TRUNCATE
>from a stored
> procedure. However none of them can remember the details of how it is
>done.

Use the Oracle provided package dbms_sql to dynamically create the truncate table command. If you can not figure out how to use the package e-mail me and I will bring a copy of our procedure home and type it in. We pass the table name in but hardcoding would work in your case. You will need one procedure for each application owner that has tables that need truncating via batch from multiple user ids due to security.

Mark Powell -- The only advise that counts is the advise that you follow so follow your own advise Received on Thu Jun 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT