Re: ORACLE vs SqlServer

From: Thomas Greuter <grth1_at_zh.swissptt.ch>
Date: 1997/06/04

I beg you pardon, I was not exactly enought. With "tools", I thought about the graphical UI DBA-tools (this is a server-site, I suppose) what comes with Oracle 7.2.x for Intel running under NT 3.51, NT 4.0, Win95. We experienced a lot of troubles with them, just because they didn't work (=didn't connect, crashed on startup...)...so we moved back to the command line (and the MS tools File Manager/Explorer and Editor). The command line works well, no doubt.
Even the DBA tools comming with 7.3.x doesn't do their job all-right, but much better than the 7.2 ones.
I use both, SQL-Server & Oracle DBA tools, and the SQL-Server tools are more reliable to me
than the ones coming with/from Oracle.

I didn't intend to start a discussion about developer's tool (wrong place, never ending), and I would never say "...xxxt [SW development] tools are much better than yyy...".

Thomas

Btw: I like PowerBuilder Received on Wed Jun 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT