Re: HELP! SQLNET problem in Distributed System

From: Joe <joetin_at_netvigator.com>
Date: 1997/06/03

Steve Williams wrote:

> Joe <joetin_at_netvigator.com> wrote:
>
> >Our system runs on distributed system with two databases on two separate
> >machines. The ProC program written by us will read the transaction data
> >from Database A (dbname=sail), process and write to Database B
> >(dbname=acct) through sqlnet. However a trace file (in
> >?/network/trace/client) in Database A continued to grow up to several
> >hundred mega bytes when the program ran. The program ended successfully.
> >There is no corresponding trace file in Database B and there is also no
> >special records in alert_log files in both databases.
>
> Joe,
>
> With trace enabled you will get very large trace fioles as every
> packet sent on the network is traced. Unless you have a problem then
> swith off tracing on all machines, edit the sqlnet.ora files and set
> all tracing off (Refer to the asqlnet manual for dertails)
>
> In production environments you should not have trace on, it's a
> diagnosis tool for resolving problems ony.
> >
> >We want to know why there is a trace file generated and how to solve the
> >problem because the trace file is too large and is going to make the
> >filesystem space full. We have attached a porton of the trace file.
>
> You will note that trace level is set to 16 and trace_client is set
> true, comment these out of sqlnet.ora and tracing will stop
>

> >Other information:
> >OS: AIX 4.1.4 on RS/6000 J40
> >Oracle: 7.2.3 (with patch reqarding AIX J40 machine)
> >ProC: 2.1.6
> >
> >Thank you.
> >
> >Joe Tin
> >joetin_at_netvigator.com
> >

> Willias
>
> If you go with the flow you will probably drown !

Thank for your help. But when we tested the program in our testing database. No such trace occurred with the same configuration in SQLNET.ORA. The main difference between the testing environment and the production environment is that the testing environment is within one database and the production one is within distributed system of two databases. Besides, we have tried to break down the program into several pieces and run them individually. No such file occurs. So we suspect whether we have done anything wrong or insufficient in configuring distributed system or in the program.

Thank you.

Joe Received on Tue Jun 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT