Re: OCI libraries for Linux

From: Michael Rudolph <mr_at_kdt2.sw-hb.de>
Date: 1997/06/03

twod_at_not.valid wrote:

> Here's an example : I got RDBMS V7.2.3 running under Slackware 96 last
> year using some PERL script to emulate the SCO tools required to install.
> I'm currently trying to help someone who has the SCO tools to install and
> they have hit problems in the iBCS area (ie 'unsupported call setrlimit').
> From some of my previous postings to this NG it could therefore be assumed
> that the Oracle RDBMS could be run under Linux, but things change and what
> used to work no longer does in this un-supported world of 'suck it and see'.

Hi,
I hit the same problem with the 'setrlimit call'. I'm using the Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3.2.2.0, which can be downloaded from the Oracle ftp site. My logfiles shows:

ernie kernel: Unsupported iBCS function 0x80 ernie kernel: [63]1445 setrlimit error return linux=-38 -> ibcs=89 <Function not
 implemented>
when trying to start the Oracle Web Server. Database runs ok.

This error shows up using ibcs-2.0-970212.tar.gz There is a new version of iBCS (ibcs-2.0.970513.tar.gz) which seems to handle the above problem. The changelog says:

Tue Mar 11 21:29:15 GMT/BST 1997

I installed the new iBCS version last weekend. The above error has gone, unfortunately the Oracle Webserver now gives an error:

/Something is wrong: Invalid argument

I tried a lot with different configuration, but no success. If you know a way to get the beast running, please let me know.

By the way, if anybody is interested in a detailed instruction on how to install the Workgroup Server (7.1.5 or 7.3.2), just send me an e-mail.

Michael Rudolph                                mailto:mr_at_kdt2.sw-hb.de
EDS Fertigungsindustrie (Deutschland) GmbH     Phone: 49-421-6482105