Re: sqlplus bug

From: Larry Jones <lljo_at_chevron.com>
Date: 1997/06/02

Chuck Hamilton wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed a bug in sqlplus 3.3 for Windows? I find that
> if I run a query with "support non-blocking" turned on and switch to
> another application, sometimes the results get printed on the wrong
> part of the window and the whole window display gets screwed up. I end
> up having to clear the display to be able to use it again.
> --
> Chuck Hamilton
> chuckh_at_dvol.com
>
> If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

I noticed this, but hadn't tied it to the Support Non-Blocking option. For me, it seems to only happen, if I switch to another window, before the window has finished "coming up". In other words, if I start SQL*PLUS, and then switch to another window, while the session is starting, it screws up. If I wait for the prompt, then switch, I never have a problem.

The only way I have figured to clean up the mess, is like you, to clear the screen. Received on Mon Jun 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT