Re: question about po7 and vb

From: Ennio Murroni <ennio_at_verge-tech.com>
Date: 1997/06/01

In article <5mfl0i$bh2$1_at_jake.esu.edu>, mkmill_at_ark.ship.edu says...

>What do I need to do to have my visual basic application to connect to
>po7 and update tables?
>
>I am using po7 and ms vb4 on a standalone pc. do I need to use odbc?
>can you tell me which manual/book I should strat reading?
>
>thanks
>mkmill_at_ark.ship.edu

ODBC is one way to do it. Another is to use Oracle's Objects for OLE product, which is a lot easier to use than ODBC. You can download the ODBC drivers from Oracle's web site. As for manuals, I can't be of much help. Oracle's Objects for OLE includes documentation and sample programs for VB. Used to be a trial that you could download from Oracle; I am not sure if this is still available.

Good Luck,

Ennio Received on Sun Jun 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT