Oracle, PL/SQL to Visual C++ ?

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/05/30

Hi,

Is it possible to get Visual C++ to talk to Oracle PL/SQL procedures?

I know that VC++ can use ODBC to access Oracle as a standard datasource (if I ever get ODBC to work on our NT systems...) but is there a way of accessing the stored procedures?

Also, is there a tool out there which will allow VC++ to use SQL*NET connections? Some form of pro*C compiler for VC++, perhaps?

In essence, I don't want to lose the power of the Oracle environment just because we want to use VC++ for some pretty front ends.

Thoughts?

Andy

Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request