Re: Oracle Certification?

From: Joost Ouwerkerk <owrkrj_at_mailhub.sickkids.on.ca>
Date: 1997/05/30

On Thu, 29 May 1997 15:45:41 -0700, "Michael P. McCutcheon" <vrml.guide_at_miningco.com> wrote:

>Hello all, I was just wondering if Oracle had any kind of Certification
>program like Microsoft...I would like to get some kind of certificate
>without spending months in a classroom.
>
>Anyone know of anything?

There's an Oracle DBA Certification which is administered by a third-party organization called the Chauncey Group. The testing was developed by Oracle and Oracle User's Groups around the world, and although Chauncey is third party (or perhaps because) this certification is highly regarded by most (including Oracle Corp). The test consists of 60 computer-administered questions.

I'm not aware of any certification for Oracle professionals other than DBAs.

Joost Ouwerkerk,
Development Analyst
HSC Foundation, Canada. Received on Fri May 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT