Oracle and PL/SQL vs. Oracle and Java

From: Chad Theule <ctheule_at_lucent.com>
Date: 1997/05/29

I have been project managing the development of an oracle, web enabled human resources application with 12 PL/SQL packages, residing within the database, that perform most of application functionality. We (Lucent) are using outside developers and I have been charged with managing the relationship with the developer. I come mostly from the project management arena and I am catching up to the technology.

As we round out Phase 1 and look ahead to the additional development required, we are trying to evaluate the PL/SQL approach versus a Java approach to application development.

Any feedback and discussion on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad
ctheule_at_lucent.com Received on Thu May 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT