Aborting PL/SQL script in Exception handler

From: Mike Hill_at_PW <Hill_at_PW>
Date: 1997/05/29

I have a PL/SQL script with a number of Begin...End blocks, each with its own
exception handling.

If an exception is encountered, I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to abort the entire script so that processing does not continue onto the next block.

This is the only workaround solution I can come up with to the following problem:

This PL/SQL script kicks off a number of other Oracle scripts and procedures. Using dbms_output.put_line, I'm attempting to track progress on the screen. Unfortunately, if I encase the entire PL/SQL script as a single block with a global exception handler on the bottom, the dbms_output.put_line statements do not display to the screen as each script finishes, but rather all at once as soon as the entire PL/SQL is completed.

I'd appreciate any feedback; please e-mail me at vlad_selsky_at_notes.pw.com Received on Thu May 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT