SQL*Loader Question

From: Joel Rudloff <j-rudl_at_cafe.tc.umn.edu>
Date: 1997/05/29

Hi,

I've run into a problem using SQL*Loader and being new to both Oracle and Unix, I'm wondering about the best approach to fix it. I have an unloaded table from DB2 (MVS) that I've ftp'ed to an RS 6000 running AIX. Within that file are varchar fields, each preceeded with a length field stored as packed decimal. Certain values within the length field, when seperated into characters, produce the same value as a line-feed character. When Oracle sees that character, it reacts as if it reached the end of one record and the beginning of another. I end up with incomplete rows in the table. Do I have to change the input file (change all packed fields to display) or are there other ways around this? Thanks for the help. Received on Thu May 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT