Re: Question: Web development

From: Martin Smith <mfsmith_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/05/28

My solution was to get MS IIS with (free) Active Server Pages (ASP.) Works with an ODBC driver to provide a decently-functional "active data object" (a cursor) that can be handled like an array using VB Script (Basic-type scripting language). You can also create your queries in Access and COPY them into ASP--pretty simple; you can even access Oracle VIA Access using IIS/ASP, so the query is in Access, which is linked to Oracle via ODBC--sounds bizarre but it works pretty easily.

(PS--I tried OWS 1.0 -- really not very functional. I assume the Java cartridge of 2.x is much better, but I don't know. We were turned off by the pricing.)

Good luck--

Martin Smith