Oracle 7 and dbANYWHERE

From: Matej Kenda <matej.kenda_at_uni-mb.si>
Date: 1997/05/28

Hello!

I'm trying to establish connection to Oracle7 database running on VAX/VMS system using dbANYWHERE. There is no problem to connect to this database using Oracle's programs that run on Windows NT 3.51 through TCP/IP protocol. I set up the dbawdsn.ini file as described in readme.txt that comes with dbANYWHERE. I wrote a simple applet that tries to connect to the database. The connection goes OK to dbANYWHERE, it calls ddoracle.dll which calls oracle's client dll on NT. This dll returns error message that connection string is not good.

This is the ini file:

[DBAW Data Sources]
oradsn=Oracle data base

[oradsn]
ENGINE=Oracle_7
SERVER=T:APOR.SSF.SI
DB=APOR
USERNAME=lwww
PASSWORD=swan

When I use these parameters in oracle's programs, the connection is established immediatelly.

Can anyone tell me, what's wrong with these parameters? What

did I forget?

Matej

--