PL/SQL Problem/Question

From: Marc Baime <mbaime_at_gte.net>
Date: 1997/05/27

Included below is some information about a problem we are having. If you
could respond to it as soon as possible we would be most appreciative.

Thanks...Marc Baime 813-987-1752
please resond to marc.baime_at_telops.gte.com

 am having a problem setting up a call from a COBOL II program to a Oracle Stored Procedure.

Information is as follows:

Oracle table is defined in Oracle as:

SQL> desc mco_contract_control

 Name                            Null?    Type
 ------------------------------- -------- ----
 MCO_CNTRCT_NUM                  NOT NULL CHAR(5)
 NPI_NUM                                  CHAR(8)

The Oracle Stored Procedure is:

PROCEDURE test1 (mcc_rec IN OUT mco_contract_control%ROWTYPE) IS
BEGIN
SELECT *
INTO mcc_rec
FROM mco_contract_control
WHERE mco_contract_control.mco_cntrct_num = mco_cntrct_num;

END; Within my COBOL program is:

     EXEC SQL
         BEGIN DECLARE SECTION
     END-EXEC.

*
01 MCO_CONTRACT_CONTROL. 05 MCO_CNTRCT_NUM PIC X(05). 05 NPI_NUM PIC X(08).
*

And the Procedure division contains the following call:

     EXEC SQL EXECUTE
         BEGIN
         TEST1 (:MCO_CONTRACT_CONTROL);

         END;
     END-EXEC.

When I compile the program I get the following error located after the

call:

PCC-S-0061: Error at line 387, column 24. PLS-422: no PL/SQL translation
for the bindtype given for this bind variable

PCC-S-0061: Error at line 386, column 16. PLS-0: Compilation unit analysis terminated

PCC-S-0026: Invalid host variable "MCO_CONTRACT_CONTROL" at line 385 in
file /DD/SYSIN

Note that the Stored Procedure is expecting as IN OUT a single variable of
"mco_contract_control%ROWTYPE". This is being done so that we can reduce
the number of variables that we are going to need to pass to a stored procedure.

This is a HIGH PRIORITY problem for my group. If there is anyway for this
to work we would like to know how!

Thanks for any help you can give us...Marc Baime Received on Tue May 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT