Excel97/MSQuery/Oracle Not Working

From: Larry Monack <lmonack_at_fsco.com>
Date: 1997/05/27

We have Excel97 running in WinNT and are unable to 'get external data' from our Oracle 7.3.2 database. We're using Oracle's latest ODBC driver (v2.00..).

We get as far as picking the Oracle table but no data is returned. Then, when you 'Refresh data' Exel hangs and Task Manager says its 'Not Responding'. The message in the cell is 'ExternalData1: Getting Data...'.

Can anyone help us with this one?

Thanks,
Larry Monack
F. Schumacher & Co.
lmonack_at_fsco.com Received on Tue May 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT