How taxing are constraints?

From: David Kramer <Dskramer_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1997/05/27

We're redesigning some of our tables. Most fields in most tables should not have NULL values. The project is big, but there are only a few programmers.

How much would the system be taxed if I defined those fields as NOT NULL? Is it negligible, or should I only use it for keys, etc?

By way of background, it's a web-based product using oraperl5 on a Sparc 20.

TIA.

DDDD    David Kramer      dskramer_at_concentric.net
DK KD                     http://www.concentric.net/~dskramer
DKK D
DK KD
DDDD The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity. Received on Tue May 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT