Re: PL/SQL BOOLEAN and OCI

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/05/27

You can't bind directly to a boolean in OCI (or pro*c). You'll need to use and INT or something and convert. For example:

create procedure boolcheck( p1 in number ) as

        y boolean;
begin

        y := (p1 = 1);
end;

You can only use booleans inside pl/sql routines.

On Sat, 24 May 1997 19:12:25 -0700, Rajamohan Gandhasri <rgandhasri_at_wpo.borland.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have the following procedure and I am trying bind a boolean value to
>to p1 parameter using obndrv() oci call. oci crashes in ORA73.DLL.
>
>CREATE procedure BOOLCHECK( p1 in boolean )
>as
>y boolean;
>begin
>y := p1;
>end;
>
>How to handle PL/SQL Booleans in OCI programs ?. I couldn't find about
>this anywhere in the documentation.
>
>Could some please help?
>
>Thanks a lot in advance for your time
>-raj

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Tue May 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT