Re: looking for a a faster way to drop a schema

From: Lee Murray <edward.l.murray_at_boeing.com>
Date: 1997/05/27

ptsao_at_sequeltech.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know any other way to drop a user/schema faster?
> The
> drop user username cascade;
>
> just takes forever for even a very small schema. It's just
> unbelievable!!! Thanks.
>
> --
> Phil Tsao

I'm on v7.1.5.2 on an OpenVMS/VAX platform and this is a known bug for us not yet fixed (we went from 7.1.3 to 7.1.5 to get a fix only to find out it did not make the port). We've experienced this problem especially when schemas included SQL*Menu authorizations.

Lee Murray
The Boeing Company
Seattle, WA Received on Tue May 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT