What is Designer 2000 written in?

From: Steve Corbett <stevec_at_fcs.wa.gov.au>
Date: 1997/05/26

What product is Designer 2000 written in? (Is this an admission Forms4.5 cant do everything?)

We have a major system written in FormsV3, and are looking at a rewrite of the user interface. One feature we are hoping to incorporate is the expand/collapse data list (outline) concept. I presume this is not do-able in Forms4.5?

Our network is largish - 700 users, 60 sites spread across the western half of Australia, some sites nearly 2000 kms from the db. Network traffic is an issue as some sites have very limited bandwidth. Traditional client server is out, as the network cant cope with lots of gui going up and down. We are going to look at html and Forms4.5 running as a WebForm. User pressure is forcing us to look at some sort of gui, but it must be network friendly...

steve. Received on Mon May 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT