Re: OCI App and RECORD type parameter

From: Mark Everhart <nwa_at_isd.com>
Date: 1997/05/26

In article <5ma2np$7hk$1_at_news3.voicenet.com>, jayh_at_voicenet.com wrote:
>I am attempting to bind a RECORD type OUT parameter to a host
>variable. The procedure is invoked in a PL/SQL block that is being
>processed by an OCI 'C' application.
>
>begin
> my_pkg.my_proc (.....<bunch of input parameters>,
> :rec_type_out_param);
>end;
>
>Does anyone know how to bind ':rec_type_out_param' without getting
>'incorrect number or type....' error?
>
>Any suggestions/code fragments will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>jayh_at_voicenet.com

Unfortunately, I am not aware of anyway to bind an entire structure, even with the new bind commands available in 7.3. You will have to modify the procedure to return each column of the record, and bind each column individually. Set up a C structure of the record and bind each column with obindps (I believe that is the new bind command) and some of the parameters will be the address location of the bind variable, the length of the variable, and the length of the structure. No real need to do this unless you are returning more than one record (i.e. a pl/sql table). Received on Mon May 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT