Re: Web Interface

From: Rob Tweed <rtweed_at_imtcons.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/05/26

>Can you explain the higher performance of WDBC compared to ORACLE
>solutions?

WDBC creates a high speed pipe between the back-end application server and the browser - particularly the sockets version is as fast as you will get. The Netscape and IIS multithreaded APIs (ISAPI and NSAPI) are very efficient. Basically WDBC is as efficient as putting a dumb terminal in host mode on a back-end application server.

Also, compare the cost - WDBC uses IIS or Netscape Web servers, not Oracle's own server, and WDBC licencing is low cost.

I suggest you try it - we used to have similar arguments with the sister product WebLink, but that community is now convinced of its performance. The proof of the pudding.....

---
Rob Tweed
Nucleus Design Ltd         : http://www.nucleus.co.uk
M/Gateway Developments Ltd : http://www.hwsl.co.uk/mgw