Re: Oracle Designer vs VB?

From: Client Exceler <ce1_at_altus.speednet.com.au>
Date: 1997/05/24

VB 5 in my opinion is a better development tool and it supports Oracle connectivity.

For the following reasons:
VB 5 has better third party support.
VB 5 has programmer aided debug support which many feel is superior to Oracle
Great knowledge on VB 5 and symposium(stacks of users using it and easy to get support this is an important one)
VB 5 Has great support to external applications Via OLE which is important when you need to capture/put data from Word, Excel, Project etc

So get the best of both worlds Oracle back end VB Front end, mix the best.

As for Cobal, I'm sure there are farmers still pulling plows with an ox out there somewhere in the World.

 Vince Mounts wrote in article <01bc6786$7b1ce0e0$c682dccf_at_vbmhome-pc>...
>Hi there,
>
>I would like to hear the opinions of developers that have been exposed to
>both Oracle and Visual Basic/SqlServer. About a year ago I took a job at
>local Insurance Company as a MS Access/VB programmer. This place is a
 COBOL