WHO NEEDS CONTRACT AGENCIES?????. KEEP TEH MONEY YOU MAKE.

From: Brian Joseph Crowley <brianc_at_csn.org>
Date: 1997/05/23

Who needs contract agencies? They aborb too much margin for their services. They do provide a valuable service: Marketing....finding the contracts, cutting your paycheck, etc. But if you have a good network, a infostructure of other Oracle expert consultants / contractor, you do need a agency to create the opportunities. But you do need a corporate organization to take care of legal, and invoicing, and cutting your check, etc.

We are a consortium of independant consultants, we have helped others open up their own companies, we network and provide each other with contract leads, and sometimes we subcontract through each other, and this allows for some of us to make a profit for creating oppotunities, and that margin is usually about $5 per hour, sometimes less and somtimes more. Some people I work with don't want the hassles of running their own business, so I would work hourly W2 with them, and I would take care of the payroll, insurance, invoicing, etc. And I would pay them on a regular payroll, every two weeks, and I would allow them to signup for retirement plan, insurance, etc. They only take what they want. Bottom line they keep more of what they make. We have even opened a office in the UK, for those interested in working overseas, we have a knowledge base of how to do busines in Europe, and even offshore banking and how to set up an offshore corporation for doing business overseas, for those who like to minimize the amount uncle sam gets.

Anyhow, for any addition information for becomming a independant consultant, and how to work with companies who need your servcies directly, and not through a agency send me a e-mail at brianc_at_csn.org
Cheers Received on Fri May 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT