Re: PL/SQL "table" question...

From: Mark Everhart <nwa_at_isd.com>
Date: 1997/05/23

In article <5m1llu$3a8_at_news.one.net>, ranga_at_shell.one.net (Ranganathan Chakravarthi) wrote:

Tables can indeed be passed as parameters to functions and procedures.

The table needs to be defined before the function or procedure is defined.

A short example.

create package example
as

        type simple is table of number index by binary integer;

        function first_number(iv_simple simple); END example;

create package body example
AS

        function first_number(iv_simple simple)
        AS
        BEGIN
                dbms_output.put_line(simple.FIRST);
        END;

END; O'Reilly has an excellent book on PL/SQL programming that I would highly recommend.