Stored Proc question

From: Prashant Prabhudesai <pprabhu_at_gftpd-mail.citicorp.com>
Date: 1997/05/23

Hi:

I would really appreciate if someone can guide me on this one. We have a VB/ODBC application with SYBASE as backend. We are converting it to ORACLE 7.3.

Here is the question

ON Visual Basic Side:
  1. A stored proc called "abc" which takes in a Input Variable. Code looks like this. abc_str = "{Call abc(?))" SQLBindParameter(...) SQLExecDirect(.....) SQLFetch(...) SQLGetData() SQLGetData()

On Unix : SYBASE
create procedure @id char(10)
as

		select id, name
		from table_name
		where id = @id

go

THIS WORKS FINE AS FAR AS SYBASE IS CONCERNED. How would I write the stored proc in ORACLE and get the VB/ODBC code going, without any changes to the VB/ODBC code?

Thanks in advance.

Prashant Received on Fri May 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT