Re: Database Replication ? (or SQL*LOADER)

From: Hakan Eren <sarisin_at_interlog.com>
Date: 1997/05/23

sli_at_vnet.net wrote:

> I have a remote production Oracle Database. I would like to download
> data from it to Personal Oracle on my laptop.
>
> I am considering two options:
>
> <1> use sql*loader
>
> <2> Is there such a thing in Oracle like MS SQL Server replication ?
> How ?
>
> TIA
You should use export and import utilities of oracle.

First export database to your laptop using exp73(or exp72) which resides in %oraclehomr%/bin directory. You will get an export file like *.dmp. Then import it to ypur PO7 using imp73 (in the same directory).

Ps. Please See export/import in Oracle Server Utilities Book. Received on Fri May 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT