Re: turn off redo log?

From: Greg Kainz <gkainz_at_rmi.net>
Date: 1997/05/21

alter database noarchivelog, I believe. But, it's late and the brain's turned to oatmeal already.
Are you loading with SQL*Loader? If so, try the direct path method for speed and efficiency.

edwards_at_garland.dnr.state.sc.us wrote:

> how do you turn off redo log writing?
>
> I am trying to load some massive data but the redo logs
> fill up disk space and my session halts.
>
> Steve Edwards
> SC dept of Natural Resources

                  DataWeb Consulting Services
              "Web-enabling your databases today"
voice:(303) 517-3863                       FAX: (303) 422-5107
                       gkainz_at_rmi.net