Re: Oracle8's new features

From: Frank Rodgers <frodgers_at_baytreeassociates.com>
Date: 1997/05/20

--------------54DE662C274E1E032C4E8197

Akmal B Chaudhri wrote:

> On 19 May 1997, Julie Kawamura wrote:
>
> > Date: 19 May 97 22:49:39 GMT
> > From: Julie Kawamura <julie_at_leahi.aloha.com>
> > Newsgroups: comp.databases.object, comp.object,
 comp.databases.oracle.misc
> > Subject: Oracle8's new features
> >

> > :I understand that Oracle8 is going to come out soon. Does anyone :
 know
> > what are going to be some of the new features?
> >
> > You can get discounts on most of Oracle's software by using this Url
 that
> > was sent to their customers (of which I am one). You can also get
 trial
> > versions through this Url: http://www.oracle.com/oraclestore/coupon
> > You neet to type "discount" (without the " "). Offer ends at end of
 month.

> Since the s/w is set for release next month, perhaps no need to wait
> too
> long to find out :-D.
>
> In the UK, Oracle have adverised information packs on v8. Perhaps this
> has
> also been done elsewhere?
>
> -- Akmal.

> | OOPSLA '97 Workshop on "Experiences Using Object Data Management" |
> | http://www.soi.city.ac.uk/~akmal/oopsla97.dir/workshop.html |

 If you are a member of ODP http://www.oracle.com/devlink you can get a Beta copy at no cost. I received mine several days ago -- looks very interesting.

Frank Rodgers

--------------54DE662C274E1E032C4E8197

<HTML>
Akmal B Chaudhri wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>On 19 May 1997, Julie Kawamura wrote:

<P>> Date: 19 May 97 22:49:39 GMT
<BR>> From: Julie Kawamura &lt;julie_at_leahi.aloha.com>
<BR>> Newsgroups: comp.databases.object, comp.object, comp.databases.oracle.misc
<BR>> Subject: Oracle8's new features
<BR>>
<BR>>
<BR>>
<BR>> :I understand that Oracle8 is going to come out soon.&nbsp; Does
anyone : know
<BR>> what are going to be some of the new features?
<BR>>
<BR>> You can get discounts on most of Oracle's software by using this
Url that
<BR>> was sent to their customers&nbsp; (of which I am one).&nbsp; You can also get trial
<BR>> versions through this Url: <A HREF="http://www.oracle.com/oraclestore/coupon">http://www.oracle.com/oraclestore/coupon</A> <BR>> You neet to type "discount" (without the " ").&nbsp; Offer ends at end of month.
<BR>>
<BR>>
<BR>>

<P>Since the s/w is set for release next month, perhaps no need to wait too
<BR>long to find out :-D.

<P>In the UK, Oracle have adverised information packs on v8. Perhaps this has
<BR>also been done elsewhere?

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -- Akmal.

<BR>| OOPSLA '97 Workshop on "Experiences Using Object Data Management" |
 <BR>|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; http://www.soi.city.ac.uk/~akmal/oopsla97.dir/workshop.html&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |
&nbsp;If you are a member of ODP http://www.oracle.com/devlink you can get a Beta copy at no cost.&nbsp; I received mine several days ago -- looks very interesting.

<P>Frank Rodgers</HTML>

--------------54DE662C274E1E032C4E8197-- Received on Tue May 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT