Looking for occasional assistance - will trade resources

From: R. Burton <rburton_at_rohms.com>
Date: 1997/05/19

Hello,

I'm in the process of getting up-to-speed in working with Oracle, and would like to correspond with a few more-experienced developers who may be able to help me save time and trouble. I'm an accomplished programmer, but am VERY new to Oracle and SQL and am currently a bit overwhelmed by the vast array of tools and software which comprises Oracle (NT server, Unix server, enterprise server, Web Developer's Suite, etc.). I know what I need to do, but am not sure which Oracle tools or approach I should use. So in the beginning, I'd like to talk with someone who can walk me through things, discuss the requirements of what I'm trying to do (which involves some web-based database systems) and help me get started. I'm aware that Oracle offers some of these services but I know there's no substitute for another fellow like me on the net, so I want to hook up with a developer who's already doing these things and share experience. Basically I just need some simple questions answered and to be pointed in the right direction.

I work with a regional ISP, and in return for any help, I can offer access to network resources (web space, e-mail accounts, or whatever else, including a large library of pre-existing tools and scripts for everything from web databases to online shopping, secured server, etc.) I might even be willing to pay if you can help me with some specific projects. And of course, there would be a huge amount of good kharma rewarded as well.

If you are interested, please drop me e-mail at: rburton_at_rohms.com Thanks VERY much! Received on Mon May 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT